Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I know what that thing is!

A tall puddle of warm jell was placed on that soft and tender spot, with a towel tucked in below to keep the mess contained. With the magic wand that allows us to see into the future and the present at the same time we were given the gift of sight. We beheld a world of blackness, though light is beginning to grow in this small world. It was small, cramped, and surrounded by water, a thick water. We had waited weeks for this moment, and now we were here. We were slightly nervous, and yet overwhelmed with excitement! What are we going to see, how is this going to change our lives, who would like to be in this circle of insight?
Slowly this magic wand found images and took measurements that to us were interesting, but we didn't know why we really needed them. This wand pushed hard, and tried to move this creature, but it was stubborn, and wouldn't move, so the wand moved on. We saw parts and pieces, moving and idle, we saw familiar shapes, and wondered what others might be. I had a hope that we would see a jewel, if not two while we were exploring this world. As we saw the wand move to the area where we believed these jewels might be, I moved to the edge of my seat. There came a spot where I thought the jewels should be, and they weren't there. I was in the process of convincing myself that though the jewels weren't there, it would be okay, and wonderful still, a beautiful world. But then, with a quick adjustment with the wand, there they were, in plain sight, without question, the jewels, the family jewels! Oh my! I shook my fist in the air, hoot 'n hollered, shouted and was near to dancing! Jennifer, it's a boy! We're going to have a son!!!!!

At 19 weeks down, we are way excited.!

5 comments:

Hurst Family said...

That so cool, I can't wait for little van and Phillip to be the best of buddies. Congrats he looks like one awesome little guy!
Love ya guys!!!

Sabrina said...

Wow, that was quite the description! Congratulations on the news. I am sure you will love having a little boy to run around with.

l.a.c. said...

congratulations! rt, i have listened to your telephone message a few times because it cracks me up :) !! A BOY! very, very exciting for you and this lucky little babe. 140 days to go...

Shanny said...

I found your blog through Sabrina, and I've lurked it for a while. But I had to delurk to say CONGRATS! That's so exciting!

Unknown said...

Yes, but Erik wants to know if it is a HUMAN son!! I told him it was, and he looked disappointed and wanted me to ask anyway. ;-) Congrats! Apparently, I need to call your answering machine?

Thought Dump

How many often do you have some many thoughts going through your head, that you don't know how to pick just one to stop and consider? An...