Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day as a Mother. . .Almost.

Since finding out that we are having a boy one week ago, this pregnancy has taken on a new dimention for me. I am no longer just pregnant. I am carrying a son! I don't know if I could truely explain why that is so much more significant to me than it was a week ago. It just is. It's more real, and more emotional now.




And with that change, Mother's Day has taken on a new dimention as well. Yesterday was a day of much contemplation, lots of happy tears, and incredible love and appreciation for my sweet husband!






At about 630am I found my RT wide awake in bed. He saw that my eyes were open and asked if I was awake and ready for my Mother's Day surprise yet. I smiled when he told me he had been awake since 4am waiting for me to wake up. We cuddled for a few minutes, then he gave me a card that he had made himself. I can only say it is a treasure, and that it got the water works started in a big way.






Here it is...
Double click on the images to enlarge.











After the tears stopped enough for me to see again, RT sent me on a scavenger hunt through the house. He used to do this in our apartment, but it's much more fun in our big house. It starts with a single drawing of some object or location in the house. once I find that object or location, there is another drawing waiting for me. And at the end of the hunt is a gift. This is way fun! The best part about it is that RT always get me awesome gifts. This time it was a video camera so we can record all the amazing events that are in our near future. RT and I have an agreement that he can film our son's birth as long as it is G rated. I would love to have all the emotions of our son's first moments preserved, but I already know there are other things that I don't want preserved for posterity.
I know many mother's have mixed feeling about Mother's Day. I probably will too in a few years. But for now I am basking in the glow of being a mother-to-be. And I am truely grateful that I get to share it with my best friend and amazing husband RT.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you are really going to record the birth, make sure you get a tripod!! That way if he passes out (Erik almost did) you won't break the camera! ;-)

Thought Dump

How many often do you have some many thoughts going through your head, that you don't know how to pick just one to stop and consider? An...