Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Thought Dump

How many often do you have some many thoughts going through your head, that you don't know how to pick just one to stop and consider? And when you try, the thought isn't a complete thought, but a fragment just large enough to catch your attention, but not really enough to do anything with. The frustrating moment of sending that thought back into the river of ideas is always a challenging one. Questions such as "Why didn't this turn into the thought that I had hoped it would" or "What would it take to take this idea from this seemly great idea to an action plan? More time and effort than I have right now." That is where I am at right now. So many sparks of what if's, and wouldn't it be cool if..., so many that I am not sure what to do with them, so I just let them flow past, hoping one day I will have the time and the energy to pick just one and see it through to the end. This is a challenging and daunting plan, because if the end result is boring, or meaningless, or unhelpful, it is all my fault. What if I spend all my time on project V, and nothing good comes of it? Or if I invest time and money into it and it turns out to be just a black hole of life and cash, that is scary. But what if it isn't. What if it is meaningless, I am referring to the end result. So, so what? What I learned during the process could be wonderful, and a significant stepping stone for a future project. What if that idea is take the time to allow myself and my wife to be twitterpated again? What if that idea is to team my son how to ride a bike? What is that idea leads to a product that I can sell? Is it worth it? Can I afford it? Can I afford to not act on it?

This has been a thought dump. I just allowed myself to start typing and that is all.

No comments:

Thought Dump

How many often do you have some many thoughts going through your head, that you don't know how to pick just one to stop and consider? An...