Monday, February 15, 2010

King of the Mountain!

Gabe is getting taller, faster, braver, and stronger. He hasn't gained much weight, but I am going to say that is because the little boy never stops moving! He is always on the move!
Recently he got brave enough to stand on the glider automan (footstool). That was great and all, but it doesn't beat climbing into the glider from the footstool!
Using his new found cordination, strength and bravery, he quickly maneuvers into the chair.












He then sits with a big smile on his face because he is sitting in the big chair, the same as mama and dada. This moment of accomplishment doesn't last long. From this high vantage point he has a better view of all this toys. As soon as he sees his next goal, he is down from the chair faster than getting up. He races across the room grabs the toy, throws it, and heads back to the chair.














Gage, you are a wild man! I am lucky to have you as my son. I look at you with wonder and awe. How can I, me, RT II, how did I get the fortune, responsibility, blessing, trial, and gift of guiding you as you grow? You are my biggest smiles. You are my early mornings. You are my new adventures. You are my fears, my hopes, my expectations. Little boy, I thank God for you and your mother every day! I pray daily that I can be a better father for you. Thank you for your smiles. For waking up early. For your daily adventures. For running to me when your afraid, running to show me your "favorite" toy, or really, the one that you saw first. Thank you for being my little boy!

No comments:

Thought Dump

How many often do you have some many thoughts going through your head, that you don't know how to pick just one to stop and consider? An...