Sunday, October 19, 2008

Should have known better by now, but no...

So lets get the numbers down first. Gabe has peed once in the middle of a diaper change while I changed him. He has peed several times when Jenn has changed him. Why, I am not sure. I think it may have something to do with the way she holds his legs in the air, not quite as high as I do, or something like that.

So this morning, after I had showered and had my Sunday pants on getting ready for church I went into the nursery to talk with Jenn while she was changing Gabe's diaper. As we are talking, Jenn is looking at Gabe and I assume watching what she is doing, I was looking at the floor, the window, something other than Gabe's plumbing. Jenn shriek's and kinda does a side jump. Before I know what is going on, I feel warm wet go across my belly and pants as Gabe pees. He was aimed at Jenn, and she, out of self preservation turned the fire hose off to the side keeping her out of the line of fire.
So, what is worse? The fact that I got peed on, or the fact that Jenn aimed the enemy fire toward the middle of the room onto the carpet. They are both wrong. Where was either the used diaper to use as a shield, or the clean diaper to use as a shield. Using a diaper would have been a better solution to the attack then just redirecting the fire into the a crowd of innocent bystanders.
Will this lesson teach me to never go into the nursery when Gabe is being changed by his mother? Am I going to change his diaper as often as possible to avoid being peed on? Does Jenn need to reevaluate her diaper changing process?, and yes she does take off the diaper and then put it back over the fire hose to try to prevent these kinds of terrorist attacks. I don't know the answers to all these questions, but hopefully we will learn from this experience and not pee on the carpet in the future.

No comments:

Thought Dump

How many often do you have some many thoughts going through your head, that you don't know how to pick just one to stop and consider? An...